Thanks for being part of the Orange County Bar Association's Listserv™ community. This Listserv™ is open to members of the Orange County Bar Association. To ensure the best possible experience for all Listserv™ members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation. This End User License Agreement governs your use of the Listserv™.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with the EULA. If you have questions, contact the list manager noted in your welcome instructions. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, the OCBA reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership on all lists for members who violate these rules.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions on the lists are meant to stimulate conversation, not create a contentious environment. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages on any listserv™. Contact people directly outside the Listserv™ with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a Listserv™ message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you. You may not post anonymously.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal conditions below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the list.
- Remember that the OCBA and other e-mail list participants have the right to reproduce postings to this Listserv™. Send your message only to the most appropriate list(s). Do not spam several lists with the same message.
- On all messages include your name, affiliation, location, and e-mail address.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This requirement allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting. Avoid including carets from emails.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that can benefit everyone.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list, through the Listserv™. Instead, use the Web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing your e-mail address, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message.
- If you post audio or video content, warn the other list subscribers that your message contains media content.
These Listservs™ are provided as a service of The Orange County Bar Association. The OCBA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. The OCBA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by The OCBA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose or otherwise. In no event shall The OCBA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site. Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, pornographic or illegal materials.
Do not post any information or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including patent, trademark or copyright material without the permission of the owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the intellectual property right with respect to such material or has received permission from the owner. In addition, the posting party grants The OCBA and users of this list the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material and is considered in the public domain.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins or cost data; market shares, sales territories or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection or termination of clients or suppliers.
The OCBA does not actively monitor the Listservs™ for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. In the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to The OCBA's attention, however, the OCBA will take all appropriate action.
The OCBA reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines, as well as remove content from the Listserv™ at its sole discretion.