History and Mission of OCCDBA
OCCDBA was founded in 2009 by a group of highly experienced criminal defense attorneys as a way to provide a voice for the private criminal defense bar in Orange County.
As a guardian of the constitutional rights of the accused, OCCDBA provides advocacy, training, resources, mentoring, networking and educational opportunities for criminal defense attorneys who have a passion for justice, enabling members to achieve a level of excellence in their practices. Through monthly meetings and initiatives benefiting the criminal defense community in the justice system, OCCDBA serves criminal defense attorneys who previously lacked adequate representation in the decision-making process in the Orange County justice system. With a commitment to preserving the rights of others, OCCDBA is the voice of the private criminal defense bar in Orange County that aims to establish fairness and protect our independent judiciary.
Founded in 2009 as the voice of the private criminal defense bar in Orange County, OCCDBA seeks to represent its members at all levels of the decision-making processes of the Orange County criminal justice system.
As a guardian of the constitutional rights of the accused and a champion of fairness in the justice system, OCCDBA strives:
- to preserve and enforce the rights guaranteed by our state and federal constitutions to those accused of crimes;
- to provide a professional forum to improve our own skills through education and training;
- to encourage communication and cooperation among our members for the betterment of our clients;
- to support changes in the law to benefit our clients and the justice system, and to oppose those that would create injustice;
- to advocate for the highest quality criminal defense for people of all income levels;
- to protect our independent judiciary.
For more information, please visit www.occdba.org or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (949) 440-6700, x268